With the world now bent towards the care of the environment in all possible ways, businesses have also awakened to its importance and are keen on going eco-friendly in every aspect of manufacturing along with product packaging. Under the strict compliances by the government and consumer demands, brands are looking for ways to use materials that make less impact on the environment.
Though these environmental friend initiatives are effective and selfless in their nature, it has many other benefits also like allowing companies to build reputation, cost-effectiveness and develop brand loyalty.
Sustainable and Environment-Friendly packaging Tips that you should try
1. Using Materials that are Biodegradable and Recyclable
Both recycled and recyclable materials can come through different sources and can be easily adapted for packaging needs. Look at these following materials and make your choice:
- Corn Starch: starch of corn is a biodegradable item. starch manufacturers in india mainly use them for the packaging of food. These have no negative impacts on the environment.
- Plastics that are bio-degradable: a viable and meaningful alternative to traditional plastics, when exposed to sunlight, decomposes. A perfect solution for packaging needs of cold food items, or anything that remains to stay freeze or cold.
- Paper and Cardboard: finds its use in a wider range of packaging needs are not only strong but also bio-degradable, recyclable and reusable as well. Can be used for packing medicines, to foods and also cosmetics and other products.
- Bubble Wraps: made of recyclable polyethylene is fully degradable also. Moe than finding its use in packaging, it is used to keep valuable products safe.
2. Use of Materials that are Unique and Innovative
In recent times you might hear of prints on the packaging that are addressed as eco-friendly. Actually, the ink that is used for the purpose is made of milk proteins and other food materials instead of conventional chemically made inks.
Corn and textile starch manufacturers these days are using corn and soy to produce ink for package printing. These inks can easily be erased and hence makes them easily degradable. Such kind of unique and innovative ways helps to minimize any sort of negative impact on the environment.
3. An implication of Minimalistic Packaging
We have often seen companies using large size packaging with attractive looks to lure customers. But, the concept is slowly changing. It is not only the use of sustainable packaging material but also customized packaging sizes that are in trend now. It does not do well for the environment, but also saves a lot of costs and also quantum of wastes in the warehouse and as well at retailer levels.
Showing concern will not do alone, we need to take actions to prove that we care for the environment. In today’s time, everything that you can think of, come is packaging, then why not take steps in this area, as we all throw away the packaging after it is been delivered or arrives our home or business.
Moreover, it inspires admiration for others to follow your footsteps and make earth and the better and healthier planet to live.